The 2016 Mazda3 vs. the 2016 Honda Civic
Attention Lowcountry drivers: the 2016 Mazda3 is turning heads across South Carolina with its titanic engine power, stunning rates of fuel economy, bevy of entertainment and information technologies designed to keep you engaged, and slew of solid safety systems. However, you may well be thinking “Of course, Beach Mazda would tout the strengths of the Mazda3. After all, it’s Beach Mazda!” Well, we’ll make it even easier to see just how impressive this car is: just compare it to one of its nemeses, the 2016 Honda Civic.
First, there’s the power of the Mazda3…and there’s a lot of it.
- The 2016 Mazda3 – Not only does the 2016 Mazda3 give you a single powerful engine—a SKYACTIV™® TECHNOLOGY 2.0L DOHC 4-Cylinder with VVT—but it can produce 155 hp while also generating 150 lb-ft of torque and guaranteeing extremely high rates of fuel efficiency: for example, the Mazda3 will get either 29 mpg in the city and 41 on the highway (with FWD and manual transmission) or 30 mpg in the city and 41 on the highway (with FWD and automatic transmission). Meanwhile, the Mazda3 features an Active Driving Display, which posts the car’s vital stats on the windshield itself.
- The 2016 Honda Civic – The Civic, on the other hand, gives you a 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC engine that gets 158 hp, and it can only deliver 31 mpg in the city. However, the Civic does not give you an Active Driving Display.
Likewise, the Mazda3 boasts a wealth of technologies designed to keep you and your passengers as entertained as possible throughout your drive.
- The 2016 Mazda3 – Not only does the Mazda3 give you MAZDA CONNECT™ for connectivity, but it also gives you an AM/FM audio system with 6-speakers that lets you blast the music throughout your drive.
- The 2016 Honda Civic – Though the Civic comes embedded with Apple CarPlay as well as a Satellite-Linked Navigation System, it does not offer MAZDA CONNECT™ or the Mazda3’s unique audio system.
Solid Safety Systems
Finally, the Mazda3 also features an array of safety devices to keep you safe and sound on the open road.
- The 2016 Mazda3 – For example, the Mazda3 is outfitted with Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control, a Rearview Camera, and Whiplash Reducing Seats, as well as a host of other safety devices and systems to keep you and your passengers as secure as possible.
- The 2016 Honda Civic – Sure, the Civic gives you Collision Mitigation Braking and Forward Collision Warning, but it doesn’t come with the specific Dynamic Stability Control or Traction Control system available in the Mazda3.
Explore the 2016 Mazda3 Today!
Best of all, you can take the Mazda3 for a test drive yourself simply by visiting our Beach Mazda dealership and bringing this exciting vehicle out on the road. You can find us at 851 Jason Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, but you can always call us up on the telephone at 843-839-8169 or get in touch via this online form. Don’t delay: experience the 2016 Mazda3 today!